Monday, August 6, 2012

Larimer County Fair with Grandma

 Tonight, I went to the Larimer County Fair with my grandma. My grandma isn't into riding the rides so we just played the little slot game where you shoot the tokens down the slot to push the prizes and coins out of the slot. They had an option to get 6 coins for $1, 16 for $2, or the whole cup full for $5. Grandma and I love that game so we each got a whole cup. I played and played and played and ran out of money before my grandma did. I was being stingy and would just look in all the machines to try and find the left over tokens to use to try and get more. Luckily, while we were playing, a man that was playing by me taught me that you can push the button which stops the hand and you have a chance to take the tokens and line them up for an even push. I also found out that all the small toys you get but don't want, you can trade them in for more tokens.
 One thing you learn, playing the machines for three hours is that you get very dirty touching all the money. Above is a picture of our hands that are black and nasty.
 Behind our game was the Fun house. I thought that the lights were gorgeous on it so I took a picture of it. At the game, we ended up getting green chips that you trade in for prizes. I got four little porcelain dolls. I also ended up winning a mood ring, a skull ring, pig light, Pink Floyd box, and a little leather jacket key chain.


 Above is a picture of the lights of the carnival from the entrance. I thought they were really pretty. So my grandma has to use an inhaler at certain times during the day and when we were done at the carnival, she needed to use it. After she uses the inhaler, she washes her mouth out with water. That was the trick though; it was completely impossible to find free water anywhere in the whole place. We ended up asking these 'cop' people and they asked if she was ill and then gave her a bottle of water. I thought I should take a picture of her with her water since it was such a huge ordeal to get it.
 My grandma and I really like funnel cakes and you always find them at the fair. The funnel cakes are expensive but they are huge and cover the entire plate. Grandma and I shared one and it was delicious! Below are the fried zucchini that I made for a side dish for dinner. I ended up burning my finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment