Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cake Decorating Class Day 1

 My mom and I decided to take a class on decorating cakes at Joann Fabrics. We each had to buy the basic decoration kits from the store. I ended up finding out that it was cheaper at Hobby Lobby that at Joann's so that is where I got it.

 We cut the featherweight bags to fit the coupler into the bag. Then, we used the #18 tip which makes stars. We practiced on the sheet with a plastic cover on it and then wiped the icing off and put it back in the jar. The instructor, Brittany, taught us how to frost a cake with the spatula.

My cookies are the heart shaped ones of which I used the star tip to create the designs on it. My mom also used the star tip but she decorated the star cookies. Overall, the day was great fun and I look forward to going there next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment