Thursday, July 11, 2013

We Ran Away to Laramie, Wyoming

Yesterday, Wyatt and I finally got away from Colorado and work!! Even if it was just for a few hours, boy was it nice! I found some patriotic glasses in Wyatt's car and I look quite snazzy don't I?
We ended up driving through Fort Collins to Laramie and we passed this old house that used to have really pretty windows in it. Those have since been stolen out of the houses, still existing structure, leaving it bare and sad. There were people out there when we passed; they were tearing down trees and such. I figured that this would be one of the last times I would see that house still standing so I decided to take a picture. If no one else remembers that old house, at least I will.
 

So one of my business ideas that I have is to buy used cowboy and cowgirl boots and sell them online and make money. I was also thinking about making boot belts and selling those. Since Wyatt and I planned this in about a day, I thought that I better hurry up and make a pair of this boot belts and wear them on the trip. The ones in the picture below I what I ended up with. They are made from braided white leather and a turquoise leather piece. It is somewhat hard to tell from the picture but the turquoise part is in the middle of leather bows I made. I thought they turned out really cute but in Laramie, I had no comments.


 On the way to Laramie, the highway was closed down so that it was only a one lane road that tons of cars had to pass. They had us stopped for over a half an hour. A few cars ahead of us, a man got out of his car and proceeded to chat with the guy behind him. I opened my door and took off my seat belt because it was toasty in the car. Wyatt even turned off the car for most of it.


In Laramie, we stopped at Grand Avenue, a pizza place in the Downtown area. We had the lunch buffet which was delicious. Our entire plan for the day was to go to thrift stores, flea markets, and pawn shops and that is exactly what we did. The only down fall to this whole thing was that I was, and still am, sicker than a dog and my nose kept running constantly so it was hard to look down at things as well as into display cases. I was constantly frustrated by this so it may have rushed out outing. On the way back to the car from one of the pawn shops, Wyatt looked down and found this beautiful nest just laying on the ground. He knows how much I enjoy them so he picked it up and gave it to me. This nest is so tiny that the entire thing fits in the palm of my hand. (I have pretty small hands) I am not entirely sure how a bird could fit their entire family in this small location. The actually nest part, where they sit, is about the size of a fifty cent piece! I made a joke to Wyatt that this is a nest for a teen pregnancy in the bird world because teens are usually smaller than adults so they wouldn't need as big of a nest. Plus, the dad most likely wasn't around so they didn't need room for him and the babies may be small and malnourished because the mom is incapable of understanding the need to take care of them. I am not saying that all teen parents are bad but really, aren't there enough T.V. shows insisting that my theory is correct?

 One of the first stores we stopped in had a lot of western antiques and vintage items. This was perfect for us because that is what we are into these days. I went upstairs and found this magnificent log cabin dollhouse! I searched around for a price but gave up when I realized that even if I found a price on it, the price would most likely be way too much for me to spend on that type of thing. It is still great inspiration for the vintage dollhouse that I bought today for six dollars.


 We also admired this rockin' stencil graffiti artwork that was on the side of a building by a dumpster. This actually reminded me of the style of work that Bay from Switched at Birth does with her angry girl stencil.

 We also found a horseshoe Christmas tree!!! If any of you have any horseshoes you don't want, let me know. I would gladly learn how to weld and make one of the beauties for myself! However, I am thinking more of a six- footer rather than a four- footer that is seen here.


 Wyatt has been looking for a cowboy had for a little while now and we finally found one at Bart's Flea Market. I think it fits him nicely! We also found him an eagle belt buckle that was on a leather belt. These are his birthday present since his birthday is approaching on July 30th.
Our trip was quite fun but I wish we could have stayed longer and maybe been a bit less sick. Perhaps before the summer is gone we can go back.


 Today we did what we do best, thrift store shop. I found this epic rolling pin holder made of horse shoes! This would look fabulous with my heirloom rolling pin that was just passed down to me last year when I made the family Chicken Noodles. God, I love making Chicken Noodles with my Daddy!
 We also found this beautifully ornate cuckoo clock. It is actually battery powered but it looks like a wind- up. The entire body is made of wood except for the face and the bird are made of plastic. Wyatt said it would be a pain to redo because it is missing the weights it needs to operate. Maybe someday one of these will be in our home.

I also found a mirror wrapped in rope to go with our new Western theme and a vintage ceramic Christmas tree like the one that Ron has.
 Maybe someday we will actually move out and have our own place to decorated how we want to with all of our precious treasures. Well, let's face it, Wyatt doesn't have very many possessions so they will mainly be my precious treasures.
Have a splendid day guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment