Saturday, July 6, 2013

Buffalo Sailing

As some of you may know, I really like the couple on the sailboat which is on the wrapper of Tootsie Pops. I had a really cool idea to turn that picture into a print for fabric and put it on the back panel of a jean jacket. However, my idea changed a little bit because of my desires to be different as well as my new interest in western life. I changed the people on the sailboat to a buffalo couple.
While trying to figure out how to create the print, I was looking around for something to make the print for me so that I could use that to go off of when making the jacket. I ended up finding the website Spoonflowers.com. I made my print using my picture that I drew but since this is technically their fabric, I couldn't save the picture so I decided to take a picture of it. Perhaps someday, when I can afford to spend fifteen dollars a yard for fabric and have a reason to use fabric, I will go back to the website and buy my fabric that I designed. This website would be great for others to get their designs made into fabric at.


 
After Wyatt got off work, we headed up to the Berthoud Habitat for Humanity to check out this vintage Stetson shirt that I found for Wyatt. It turned out to be too small in the shoulders for him. I did end up getting a very cute southwest sweater for a dollar sixty of which my wonderful cowboy paid for.
 
 
We also stopped by the Loveland ARC and I found a Justin boots champion belt buckle!! It looks pretty awesome but I am not sure if I should get it. I suppose I will just have to think on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment