Saturday, July 6, 2013

Stapede with My Cowboy

On Wednesday night, Wyatt and I thought we would get our western gear on and head down to the Greeley Stampede. A few days before, Wyatt found some boots at a flea market for seven dollars and I got mine a couple days later for twenty- eight bucks. Not a bad price for some pretty sassy boots! Wyatt even found a Roper shirt at Goodwill for two bucks and I found my Wrangler shirt for five. I bought a pair of jeans and cut them off into shorts and my legs sure did look nice. Wyatt wore his jeans.

This year, I heard that you could get discount coupons for the Stampede at King Soopers so since I had to work all day and Wyatt didn't, I had him going to the store to try and find us some coupons to save a couple bucks. He didn't end up finding any so on the way there, we saw a King Soopers and decided to stop by. Crazy enough, in Greeley (where the Stampede is located) they had coupons but in Loveland they were fresh out.

When we got into the Stampede we went to the wolf show and watched the wolves do tricks for meat. Wyatt is really into wolves so he really enjoyed that. Near the show, there was a Clydesdale horse that you could take a picture with but we didn't feel like getting one.

We headed over to the music area and my grandma was hanging out there with her boyfriend, Walt. It turns out that my uncle that passed away, Tracy, his best friend was in the band that was playing on stage. He said he played some Concrete Blonde for my uncle and that made me super sad to hear.

We didn't end up riding any rides because we thought we would save our money for the Larimer County Fair or Cheyenne Frontier Days. We did however, play the game where you put the token in the slot and it lands behind all the tokens and the object is to get more tokens out of there than you put in it. My grandma and I are pretty good at that but Wyatt doesn't seem to have as great of luck with it.

Towards the end of the night we went over by the wolf show again and went into the petting zoo. There were so many animals there that I wanted to steal. At the booth where the Clydesdale was earlier in the night, there was now a huge bull. I did actually want my picture with him but we were unsure of how much that cost so we didn't. Overall, it was quite a fun night with my man.



                                                       Goats resting heads on each other
                                                                    Me and the calf


                                                                       My outfit
                                                                         Piggies!

                                                                   Wyatt with goats
 Here is a picture of Ariel, from work, with Channing Tatum from with White House Down standee.

No comments:

Post a Comment