Friday, June 1, 2012

Great Finds at the Flea Market

 As you may know, I drag Wyatt to thrift stores and flea markets quite frequently. He says it doesn't bother him but truthfully he doesn't give me any advice on where to go or what to do on boring days. Above is this carved, wooden, burly man with a roof on his head. It turns out that this is not just a silly wall piece but rather a bird house where the birds enter and exit from his nostrils!!! How brilliant! I think I am in love with this.
 Wyatt knows it, but I loved to be tucked into bed every night by him. I thought that the sign above was a quite way to admit it. Perhaps someday I will make it! The dress below is a vintage a-line dress that looks as if it could be a wedding dress. The only set back is the size of this dress. Let's just say that it is roughly the same size as my grandma's wedding dress of which my mom (a size 4) was FAR from fitting in. With all of that said, it will never fit me! What a wonderful design though. I think it would look gorgeous in a frame on a wall or on a mannequin in a living room.
 I found the most beautiful fireplace mantel!!! Below is this mantel that I found at the flea market. I am not totally sure how much it is but I am sure it is a lot. There are tons of shelves on it plus the gorgeous antique mirror on the top. Maybe, if I ever get a house, I will build this gorgeous thing because I am sure it will be cheaper than buying the actual thing. Hope you are all hitting the garage sales and flea markets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment