Thursday, June 28, 2012

First Camping Trip of the Season

Last weekend, Wyatt and I went up to Flatirons with my dad, my sister, her son, my brother, his wife, and my other nephew. It was for my sister's son, Alex, birthday and they decided to celebrate it at Flatirons. We weren't originally invited so we planned on just coming up there to visit on Friday night and then head back down to town after. Dad ended up saying that we could stay with them the whole time they were up there. So Wyatt and I liked that idea so we headed back to town to get a tent and clothes to bring back up with us. We went to K-Mart but the cheap tent was gone and the next cheapest tent was $60!!! I wasn't going to spend that so we decided just to sleep in my car.
When we got back to the campsite, Nate, my brother, said he had a screen tent that we could sleep in so that is what we did. The tent was one of those screen tents that you put around a picnic table to keep the bugs out so there isn't a tarp on the bottom of it. We just slept on our blankets underneath that.
Before we went to bed, Nate and my dad were hitting the drinks kind of hard and they were both a bit drunk. Which is quite funny because I have never really seen either of them drunk. There is a dock at Flatirons and the family was hanging out at the dock for most of the day. Dad lost his alcohol Solo cup so he thought that it might still be at the dock. Nate, Dad, and I walked up to the dock to check it out but there was no cup and Dad being drunk, was chatting up the nice family trying to fish. Nate and I had to try and qoux him away from them because I am sure he was annoying. When we got back to the site, Dad got a new cup and then continued to drink. After drinking all of the vodka in the bottle, Dad had to pee so he went to the nasty outhouse campsite bathrooms. While in there, apparently there was a huge bug that kept buzzing around him, 'trying to give him a blowjob'. So when Dad got back, he ranted about the bug wanting to give him a blowjob for about 10 minutes until he settled down into his chair.
While we were all sitting around the picnic table talking, Nikki, my sister, was telling her dog, Buddy, "Oh the tangled web you weave" because he apparently had to pee and was getting his leash all tangled up on the bottoms of the chairs. I just thought that the way she said it was hilarious!
 Tent views from where Wyatt and I were sleeping.

 Above is bra flying and below is Charles, my nephew, when we got home from camping.

 Daddy with his Solo cup and Daddy's salt with a bit of pepper hair.

 Dead Kassie

 Dead pictures

 Above is 'dead' Wyatt in the dark and below is the sign

 Pretty pictures of Flatirons

 Above is Flatirons while below is me and Wyatt at Carter Lake. Like his glasses on me?

 Above is the view on the way down from Carter Lake and below is Wyatt's leg in the dark.

 Above is our feet in the dark and below is me in the dark.

 Above is a picture of my side profile in the dark and below is us kissing in the dark.

 Above is my side profile in the dark and below is us in the dark.

 Above is Wyatt at night and below is a great sign.

 Above is Flatirons and below are my new 'sand sandals'!

 Above is the tent view from where I was laying and below is a picture of the trees close to the shore at Flatirons.

 Above is our shadows on the Larimer County Parks sign that has awesome colors and below is Wyatt in the car going back to the campsite from Carter Lake.

 Above is Wyatt at Flatirons and below is on our way down from Carter Lake.
The next day, Dad, Wyatt, and I went back to town. Wyatt had to do things with his gran but my dad and I were going to try and find us a tent. We didn't end up finding a tent but we did get a blow-up mattress to sleep on in the screen tent. It turns out that Nikki has a tent that she is going to let us have. Wyatt and I already had plans to hang out with his friends at North Shore Park by Loveland Lake. When we got there a little bit late, there were only two people there and neither of which were the people having the party; they ended up being an hour or so late. While at the park I saw a baby squirel that had the tiniest tail ever! It was adorable.
When we got back to the campsite, it was so bloody hot that I was begging the family to head to Carter Lake so I could go swimming. I finally convinced Nikki, Alex, Hunter, Heather, and Nate to come with me and Wyatt. The water was great but I ended up having to go braless and wear short shorts in front of my family because I went swimming in my clothes. It was a bit awkward but luckly it was sort of dark. I hope you enjoy the pictures above.

No comments:

Post a Comment