Saturday, January 7, 2012

Valentine's Day is Coming up!



As you all know, Valentine's Day is only 39 days away from today. That is a very short amount of time to accomplish all that I want to do. This year, I want to decorate my living room for Valentine's Day. I am not incredibly sure how to do that since I am not much for new items so I am going to have to use all vintage things. I was thinking about making more of this little paper candy holder things that are Swedish I believe. I learned how to make them at a Valentine's Day Night on the Town in Loveland a few years back. They are fairly simple but are very cute. Along with those, I may hang some of my vintage Valentine's Day cards with some clips on string about my fireplace on the mantel. That would bring some character to the room.

Not only does the decorations at my house excite me, but the city decorations are quite amazing. Every year, men and women buy their loved ones wooden hearts that are painted and personalized and displayed around town. Above is a picture of just some of the hearts displayed on 4th Street in Downtown (picture taken from Google images). However, as dangerous as this may be because I stare at them while driving, they are still one of the cutest things you can do for your loved one during this time of year. I believe they are like $60 to have made. You get to keep them when it is over so it is something I believe is worth the money. I have always wanted someone to get me one of those. Hope every one's day is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment