Monday, January 9, 2012

Gone Pickin'!

 A few days ago we went to the Northforks Flea Market in Fort Collins and found this printing block letters. We managed to find all of the letters for both of our last names. I did make a 'w' from an 'm' though. Oh well, if you can't tell, my last name is spelt 'OSWALT' and that is pictured above. Below is Wyatt's last name spelt 'LINTZ'. His name, for some reason, is easier to read when it is placed backwards.
 'LINTZ'

 The day before yesterday Wyatt and I went looking around for random things to take. I found this random piece that looks to me like a couple boots that would have been used on a sign. Some people believe that this isn't a sign but rather farm equipment. I am not entirely sure so let me know what you think it is.
 Not only did we stop by the random field to try and find things, we went to this area on 1st street where you can drop off your old Christmas trees. Wyatt and I were 'Good Americans' and pushed the trees further into the designated area so that others can get their trees in. Our main reason for this action was to look for ornaments that people left behind on their trees, that we were going to snag. We only found a small wooden tree and then a real wreath which we can take apart and reuse the pieces to make different ones. Oh well, this made it all worth it.
 Here are pictures of me on the old car near all the farm equipment where we found the boot. Isn't Wyatt a good photographer??
I did happen to find a hand blown Italian glass Christopher Radko lady ornament that I haven't taken a picture of. Here is a site that had some similar glass ornaments to the one I got. http://www.radkoforsale.com/servlet/the-806/Radko-Italian-HOLIDAY-BLUSH/Detail
Mine is a lady that looks like she is a 1940s or 1950s movie star.
Yesterday, we stopped by a flea market to get this egg box that had been there for months. When we got there, it wasn' there. Since I have the disease, Wyatt let me look around and I found a 1950s Federal Enlarger that is used to print photographs. I set that up in my room and I plan to use it for my photography class. If any of you have some vintage photograph equipment like a timer, 4 trays, film developer canister, or even some safe lights let me know and I may be willing to take it off your hands. Also, I wouldn't mind if you kept and eye out for the 1940s enamel trays. Happy junking!

No comments:

Post a Comment