Sunday, January 1, 2012

And People wonder why I'm stressed

Here are some of the stupid ass things that happened during my seven hour work shift today. It is remarkable how many people decide that the movie theatre is where they shall let the stupid flow from their mouthes. These are in order from when they happen during the day.


  • There was a major bitch on the phone that was complaining that we don't have a marquee for our theatre which we don't even begin to have space to have.

  • There was a man with a bunch of kids that got the amount of children he had wrong so he got mad at me because he didn't have enough tickets.

  • A couple came in with their kids but they only told me they had 3 so they bitched at me because I charged them for 3 instead of 4.

  • Lady found the wrong time online and assumed it was our fault.

  • Lady made her child pay for their own ticket and they only paid for one ticket. However, they were supposed to pay for two so we had to do two transactions for one kid.

  • A man could barely speak English and was getting frustrated with me because I couldn't understand how old his kid was so I didn't know if they got in free or not.

  • A family stood in the lobby, holding their tickets, and asked where their movie was. Just and FYI, the ticket stubs don't have the nutritional information for gummy bears, they tell you what theatre you go to.

  • A small child came up to us and told us that he found a hat in the theatre. He handed us a wallet.

  • Lady swiped her Stubs card and then decided to walk away without paying for her tickets which I had to stop her so that she could pay.

  • Another lady came in to bitch about the wrong times being online.

  • A lady asked if you have to wear glasses in the 3D movie.

  • Family assumed that since it is a new year, the Stubs has expired.

  • Old lady came in earlier in the day and said she bought a ticket a while ago for the showing but was there at the wrong time. Then she came back later and showed me a gift card receipt and thought that was her ticket. I just let her go in.

  • A little girl paid a quarter towards the tickets while her mom paid the rest of the $14.00

  • Girl ordered a large icee, then changed it to a small which was only 50 cents less, which she didn't have enough for so she changed it to a small water which was $3.50 and she only had $3.00. She didn't get anything and then she came back with $8.00 and got Skittles, and M&Ms.

  • A family ordered two kids packs and then ordered a #1. They then changed their mind and wanted a #2 instead of a #1. Then, changed it back to #1.

  • Another family that assumed the Stubs was expired because of the new year.

  • There was a lady making hand motions at Kathrine from the middle of the lobby. She then came over to the concession stand and yelled at Kathrine because she didn't give her a carrying try which she was apparently signaling for.

  • Kathrine asked if an old lady had a Stubs card. Then the lady asked why she asked her what her name is which she never did.

  • Lady smacked her child in the head with the 3D glasses when she grabbed them off the counter.

  • Family insulted the mother of the family while she was out in the car looking for the Stubs card.

  • A man and two kids walked into the theatre and I asked them what I could get for them and they asked if this is where you buy tickets. Um no that is a block south. DUH! Of course this is where you buy tickets. Then he went over to the concession stand and realized he forgot his wallet in his car.

  • Lady brought in tickets from a previous trip to the theatre where she forgot her Stubs card. I wrote down her card number and how much the tickets were worth and then she asked if I wanted the tickets. Did you not just see me write them down???!!

  • A guy gave me a strange look when I told him the tickets were $7.oo for the 3D movie. Then I told him that it was in 3D and he got it. Then he asked what time it is when there was three clocks right in front of his face.

  • Old ladies were sad that I didn't ID them for a rated R movie.

  • A lady called and Blake had to explain the entire website to her. She then asked how to spell 'cinema' and insisted that there were two 'n's in it.

  • Someone asked when the evening shows start and I said 6. Then they asked if the 6:30 was still a matinee.

  • Lady said she was going to buy a Stubs card. She asked us to explain it to her and we did then she walked away and left.

  • Lady asked if the AMC cards from King Soopers are good here. I said yes and then she asked if all AMC cards are good here. Nah why? Only the ones with the gold star are; not! People are so damn stupid.

  • Two separate groups of people asked if Happy Feet 2 in 2D was in theatre 4 when it clearly read, "Happy Feet 2 2D" on the sign.

  • When people get mad because are concession prices are so much. Yet they don't realize we are a business and have to pay bills as well. Plus, we only make 10 cents on each ticket.

  • A man asked if the prices were going down when he was at a matinee showing and normally goes to evening shows.

  • The community service officer came in and asked if we have seen an elderly man that has dimentia and has escaped from the home.

  • Two staff members and a manager decided to leave the stand and go in the back room just to hide from an old man that talks a lot. That left me to sell tickets all by myself while she was bsing in the back room. And the usher was in the back and a MANAGER! Plus, the most aggervating part of it is that I got in trouble from that manager that was in the back because I went in the office when I saw a guy that yelled at me at a previous time. I believe it is completely ridiculous that she did that. Very unprofessional.

No comments:

Post a Comment