Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Day of Adventure




Today was quite a great day. I was at my dad's house and so we went to the museum with Dad, Gwyn, and their friends Mary and Rick. While looking through the interesting artifacts the alarm went off in the WHOLE museum. The intercom came on and told us that they were going to try and find where it was coming from. It was on for a while but eventually turned off.


After we went to the museum we decided to get some dinner at the BBQ restaurant on the way home. I was somewhat grumpy because of a headache and wasn't really wanting to eat anything. I order a pulled pork sandwich and enjoyed that greatly! When I was chowing down on the fries that I dipped in BBQ sauce, I took a bite, and there was something that I couldn't chew. I pulled the piece out of my mouth and it was a rock! I was just glad it didn't break any of my teeth! It was a green shaded pebble that was quite interesting. We then showed the waiter what I found and he took it. I thought that he was taking it to show the manager but really he had just thrown it away. When I found out the news about my "trashed- treasure" I was a bit upset. After the rest of the group was done eating the waiter, Jonathan, brought the check and held out his hand and said, "Since I threw away your rock I went outside and found you a bigger one."


This was VERY nice of him and made my day!


In all my day was great. I hope everyone else's day was as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment