Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Day at the Park with Charlie

To the left is a picture of the side of the train that we rode on at Lake Shore Park in Loveland. Below is a picture of the nice man driving the train. He was so nice that he even looked back at Charles while we were going to make sure he was okay. Charles was not really excited about the train ride and just sat there oblivious to everything that was going on.

 To the right is a picture of Charlie and what he looked like during the entire ride. He was almost asleep it seemed like.

I am not sure if any of you are familiar with this park and the train ride but there is a tunnel that you go through on the ride. I thought it would be cool to take pictures of the family in the tunnel. To the right, is a picture I took of myself on the ride. Below, is a picture of the family right after we got out of the tunnel. Mom is trying to make Charlie happy and smile but he is just not having it.
Above is a wonderful picture of myself and the conductor. To
left is a picture of Ron and Charles standing by the train. Charlie was quite intrigued by the numbers on the side of the engine.

 
 Here are some more pictures of my mom and Ron with Charles by the train. After we got off the train, Charles and I headed over to the jungle gym. I took him over to the slide and thought that he could sit on my lap and ride down it with me. After we made it up the stairs and to the slide, we started to go down and since I am a 'big kid' my butt did not slide so smoothly down the slide and I actually had to kick my feet and get us down it. I thought that perhaps if I followed Charles from the outside of the jungle gym to the slide, he could go down it by himself and I would catch him at the bottom. The thought was starting to come through but he got a little stumped as to where to go when I ran out of space to follow him from the ground. Luckily, there was an older kid up there that guided him to the slide, and then helped him down the slide. I missed something when they were going around a curve and apparently the little boy saved him somehow. Charles apparently doesn't like to go fast on the slide because he was holding on to the side, trying to slow himself down. We reached the bottom just in time to meet up with Mom and Ron so we could head to the swings.

 I think that I captured some really nice pictures of him actually enjoying himself on the swing. Even though he seems roughly excited about the swings, he wasn't. Half of the time he would just sit there and look bored so we just decided to move on to different things in the park.



 Does he look cute or what in his little train shirt that we got at the depot?? I got the same shirt as him but he was not excited about taking pictures together.
 After we were done at the jungle gym and done attempting to take pictures of me and Charles together, we headed over to the lake to look at the geese and ducks. That was very boring for Charles and he basically said he wanted to go. I took the bottom picture of the rocks and the cute little duck that kept swimming away.
When the park adventure was over, we headed over to ARC to look for some clothes and perhaps shoes for the youngen. My mom found some clothes for the new baby that is still in my sister's tummy and I found a present for Wyatt. Oh yeah, I also found a shirt for myself. Below is a picture I took of Charlie while we were going home. If you can't tell, he is talking on his Elmo phone which I thought was adorable. He doesn't speak a lot of words yet so it is a lot of baby talk. I wonder if he actually thinks he is talking to someone? Overall, the day was wonderful because I love hanging out with my parents and super cute nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment