Saturday, July 28, 2012

Just some random things from the last few days

 Above is a gorgeous sculpture that I found at a flea market when I went with my Aunt Sharon. I think it is very interesting and quite appealing. It would even make a cool wedding cake topper if you had a gigantic cake.
 Here are three pictures of me at my new job. I am a marketing helper for Chick- Fil- A and one of the things I get to do is be the cow mascot. I was the 'baker big cow'. Even though I work at Chick- Fil- A as contract labor, I do not plan on being there for very long. I really don't like the people that work there and I do not agree with the views as a company. I am not a Christian and I do not think that I should have to hear about them praying all the time. Plus, the main reason I truly don't like them is because of their views on gay people and their right to marriage. I am bisexual and do not agree with their stance on that. If you want to be in a relationship with someone of the same sex as you, the government nor peers should have any input on that; it is a decision made between you and your partner.


 A couple days ago I was looking through my pictures on my phone. I came across these two pictures of corn that a drew in dry- erase maker and put on a board at school during the last week of my senior year. I thought it was fitting for the times because of the upcoming event, the Corn Roast Festival, in Loveland.

 Above is a picture of a giraffe teapot at Celestial Seasonings in Boulder, Colorado. I went up there with my cousin Beth, her daughter Layla, my newly aunt Crystal, and my aunt Sharon. We took the tour and went into the Mint Room which was AMAZING!!! I am pretty sure that I could live in there. Below is a picture of a sticker on the trash can outside of the factory. It says, "Quit your job and make more art". That sticker really spoke to me because that is what I have always wanted to do but have never had enough money to do. Maybe someday I will be able to do that.

 I also found this monkey in a corn costume in the Celestial Seasonings gift shop. I am into corn and thought it was pretty cute.


 Above are some pictures of things I found at Ross. The picture of the little boy and girl on the beach reminds me of the little kids on the Tootsie Roll wrapper. If you don't know, I love the little couple on the wrapper because they seem so happy. I also found the little 'Happy Hanukkah' onesie at Ross and just thought it was so hilarious. I have never seen Happy Hanukkah anything anywhere.

Last but not least is a picture I took of myself driving one day. I think that I look super skinny in it. I just thought that I would put that on here.

Today, I went garage saling with my dad and step mom. I ended up buying 44 ornaments total which made them $.06 each. I got a set of ornaments which are called the 2003 collection of Thomas Pacconi Classics which are going online for $50.00 new. Mine are missing a few of them but the rest are in fabulous shape. I also got a few smaller ornaments for free. I bought a pewter spider and I am going to turn it into an ornament because my Aunt Sharon said that it is good luck to have a spider ornament in your tree. I also got little plush bear ornaments that look like Steiff but I doubt they are. When we were looking around, we managed to find an outfit that my Aunt Sherry is possible going to wear for her wedding in September as well as a birthday present for Wyatt from Dad and Gwyn. Oh yeah, we also found little bear ornaments for my Aunt Sharon as well because she is really into teddy bears. Overall it was a good turn out. I just need to go through my room and get rid of a lot of things. I think my main collection now is going to be Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment