Thursday, February 16, 2012

Junkyard Picking!!

Yesterday, my wonderful boyfriend and I redid our Valentine's Day that I ruined. We went to Perkin's and had our last free pie Wednesday, went to Wal-Mart and then ventured down to the junkyard. I had never been to a junkyard before but I had always wanted to go. Being an artist and not a mechanic, the car pieces were not seen as from a car but rather something that could be turned into something else. Wyatt managed to point out this gorgeous glass light from a vintage Jeep. The light is roughly 7 inches across. I am not totally sure what I am going to do with it but right now it looks pretty snazzy next to my crystal glasses. I also got this vintage Ford hubcap that is completely rusted on the inside but has a wonderful white paint with red letters that are all chipping off and give it a shabby chic look. I grabbed a 1936ish car door handle that is bent that looks gorgeous and should be made into something. My favorite find I think would have to be the vintage rear-view mirror that I grabbed. It is super rusted but it has so much potential I just had to grab it. Right now, the only thing that actually has a plan for what it is going to be made into would have to be the Ford hubcap. I am thinking it will be the center of a star burst clock. Let me know if you all have any ideas of what would look good for these items. I will post the pictures below to show you all what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment