Monday, August 2, 2010

What A Wonderful Day With My Friends


Today I thought would NEVER come! I mean I was so anxious to see my buddy Kyle that I could barely wait until noon to meet him at Steph's house. The plan of the day: head to Steph's sister, Dee Dee's house and celebrate Kyle and Carly's birthdays. When I got to Steph's house they were so excited to see me that they both gave me a bear hug and giggled. Well the giggles were mainly from Steph. We hung out at the house for a half an hour or so and then Kyle jumped in the driver's seat of Steph's car and we all packed in and drove away. The drive was basically all of us just catching up because we haven't talked in a few months. Our car- full arrived and was greeted by the dog Missy, Bridget, Caiti, and Dee Dee! Later followed by Kyle's grandparents Rose and Marv. Food was in plentiful piles and mounds on the counters that just called you in. I ate SO many radishes. Soon after we arrived, we changed into our swimsuits and headed out into the pool! The water was beautiful and super clear! For the rest of the time, more family arrived, we all visited, and eventually when all the energy was drained, we headed home.

When I spend time with Steph and her family I begin to realize how much I want to enjoy the simple things in life. I want to have a calm house, a garden that is full of beautiful vegetables and fruits, maybe even some flowers. I want to not take life so seriously and become a less jealous person that just enjoys everything. I would love to have antiques and vintage things on shelves that will fill my house, that I can tell people who ask about each item. I could get used to a life like that!! Today was great! Each member of Kyle's family treats me like I am actually part of it. In fact.... don't tell but, someday I hope to be actually part of it....

I miss Kyle dearly when he is gone but enjoy the moments he is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment