Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Blasting Room Studios


Wow! What can I say about how amazing my day was?? I mean I got to go into The Blasting Room Studios in Fort Collins. How cool is that? The reason I ventured down there was because my old English teacher Mr. Tim Hanauer, was recording his newest CD there. By the way, is that not the coolest thing you have heard? A teacher that is a recording musician!!! His songs have even been in t.v. shows, the movie I Hate Valentine's Day, a GMC commercial, and I am sure more to come! How amazing?? Well anyways, he thought that I had already been to the Blasting Room Studios before but I hadn't so he gave me a tour of all the rooms and things inside. It was quite fascinating. After the tour came to an end, we went back to Studio B to finish mixing with Andrew Berlin. How crazy to say that I spent two hours in the Blasting Room with Mr. Hanauer and Andrew Berlin while they were mixing an upcoming CD! Andrew Berlin is a person who is always mentioned in CD covers and things, I didn't believe that I would ever meet him! He is VERY nice by the way! One of the bigger bands that have recorded at the Blasting Room is Rise Against. I personally LOVE Rise Against and just the thought of them once being where I was at that very moment made me so excited! I mean really, just think about that for a second. I was talking to people who have met them as well. Wouldn't that just be amazing to meet them?? I believe it would be. I sat on this red faux suede couch in Studio B listening to Mr. Hanauer's songs over some super expensive speakers. It was great! Mr. Hanauer even asked me opinion on if he should just release an EP, a full length CD, or two EPs. I told him that he should do a full length CD because I like them much more. The day was out of a dream, I couldn't have "Dreamed a Better Way" if I had tried! If you ever get a chance to go down there, definitely do! You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment