Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Night in Old Town


So tonight I went and hung out with my friend Shane. It was pretty awkward to start with since he was super hyper and we were at a park but then we decided to go to Old Town. If you don't know what Old Town is, it is the strip in town that has the bars, old buildings, lots of people usually, homeless people, and cool shops. We parked under Safeway (my favorite place to park!) and walked around. We decided to stop in a coffee shop called Starry Night and inside they have a giant painting of Starry Night by Van Gogh! It is pretty awesome I must say! Afterward we thought be better get some chow because we were both starving! Shane decided that the best way to get there was to run in front of the oncoming traffic to get to the other side of the street, I ran with him and decided to wait until the cars passed on the other half of the street because for some reason becoming street pizza was on on the agenda tonight. On the other side, we stopped in an Asiany store (Maybe Tibetan or something I can't remember) and I ended up buying this awesome bracelet that is handmade, Sterling silver, and has accents of turquoise and coral in it. It was quite pricey as well but I didn't seem to mind as I brought it up to the cash register and I pulled out my debt card. Gotta love buying things on a whim! I don't regret it at all! Shane bought some stuff as well. After that we headed over to Lulu's and ordered food. We weren't as hungry as we thought we were so we took most of it to-go. Shane forgot his to-go box in the bathroom and I gave mine to some homeless people on the sidewalks of Old Town. Although we left pretty fast we still got fortune cookies! My fortune read, "Somewhere, deep inside, we all can fly." Not sure what that has to do with anything. Well that's all folk! Here are some pictures of my bracelet and myself and Shane in front of a cool statue by Lulu's.

No comments:

Post a Comment