Friday, November 12, 2010

"Ruldolph the Red Nose Reindeer...Had a very shiny nose..."

Christmas is approaching rapidly and I am feeling as I don't have enough time to get the best decorations possible, everyone's presents, as well figure out how I plan to celebrate it. Surprisingly, the parents haven't started asking for the special separated lists of what I want for Christmas. However, I have started to make the lists just to get a head start.
Today I went to an estate sale!!! AN ESTATE SALE in November!!! What a miracle!!! I walked in the door and the room to the left was FULL of vintage Christmas decorations. I personally, always try to look for the 1940s- 1950s felt knee-hugging elves. They are usually at EVERY estate sale I go to that has vintage decorations, has these. I walked all through that room but I did not once see my desired elves. My mom and I decided to take a gander at the rest of the house, of which I didn't find anything in, and I just had to go back into that room and try and find one of the DAMN elves! I finally found one of them, in a bag, full of some crappy ornaments of which I didn't want. I walked up to the lady running the sale, explained my prediciment and she sold me the elf for a quarter!! It will go nicely in my collection of elves.
Well wish me luck in my adventures to try and find some bad ass decorations to use for the upcoming holidays! I will post some pictures after I decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment