Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ENGAGED!

As some of you may know, I got engaged to my wonderful boyfriend, Wyatt. The proposal wasn't something wonderful but the man and the ring sure are! Wyatt got my ring on Etsy.com and it is a Topaz. The Topaz stone is roughly 12 carats so it is a HUGE stone. He got the ring knowing that it is two sizes bigger than I wear because we both thought that it could easily be re sized. However, it is turning out to not be so. Being a jewelry maker myself, I should have realized that the stone is in a bezel setting rather than a prong setting which is next to impossible to take the stones out of. The stone would have to be taken out and then re sized. Even Helzberg Diamond doesn't have the tools to re size it. Maybe, I should just have the stone taken out of the bezel and put into a new setting. I am thinking something made of yellow gold but I am not totally sure which karat though. Since we are next to broke, I am hoping that if I provide the stones and stuff like that, I will be able to get a new setting made for this stone. This is a large stone so it is not easily fitted into a setting. Especially because it is a pear shaped stone and has to have the point protected. Any ideas on stones to go on the side of the solitaire? Perhaps even pearls are something that would look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment