Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rocky Horror Picture Show Finale

As some of you may know, or have gotten the drift of by reading my blog, you would know that I used to host Rocky Horror Picture Show at AMC Cinema Saver 6 for over two years. I spent so much time out of work thinking of ideas and buying supplies for it and it basically turned into my baby. Aaron, my old GM, agreed that we should show the show and encouraged interesting ideas to make the event more interesting. After he moved theatres, the advertising for the show went down, the attendance dwindled, and I worked even harder to get the attendance up. Shane, helped me with the decorating and came up with ideas with me. It was some of the best times in my life!! However, you never really realize how special something is until it is gone. It was nice not having to do the May show but I started to miss it this August. Now that October is just around the corner, it makes me wish I was planning the Third Annual Rocky Horror Picture Show showing on Halloween.
Today, I went to the theatre for the first time since April. It was different and it just felt really strange being there. I thought that I should get the supplies that I left behind from the show. Going through the box really brought back some memories and it made me really sad when I found the frequent flyer badge. I took my damn megaphone though! Shane still has to go get the part of the lights that I forgot but I got everything else. I just thought I would take this time to reflect on the first showing through a picture. Don't we look amazing? Gotta miss Rocky Horror Picture Show. Hope you don't regret never coming to the show if you didn't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment