Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter in Kassieland






So Easter was a few days ago but I have been so busy that I hadn't gotten around to putting up a blog post about the eggs that Gwyn and I made. In the picture on the top, you have the three eggs that Gwyn and I made. These ones happen to be hollowed eggs so we can keep them for as long as we can until they break. To the left is mine that I made. He is a bit inspired by Humpty- Dumpty. In the middle there is the Gnome egg that was created by both Gwyn and myself. I came up with the idea, drew the face, made the jacket, and actually made the shoes. Gwyn found the materials for it all, did a lot of the gluing, and made the hat. On the right hand side is Gwyn's egg. He was originally going to be a purple fox and that is why he has such a long tail. She then changed her mind and created the cute little bunny with a button hat.
The picture below the first one is of my Easter basket that the "Easter Bunny" gave to me early so that I could use the basket in an Easter egg hunt. Inside the basket there were three packages of Peeps, both the bunny and chick, Reeses eggs, and some chocolate marshmallow bunny treats.
The last but I believe the trippiest picture of them all is the eggs that Gwyn painted. She made them speckled and I thought that the heat coloring would just enhance them. On Easter we actually used the eggs to make deviled eggs.
I hope everyone had a wonderful, bunny- filled Easter!!!
Oh by the way, on Saturday I brought in a bit of jewelry, that my best friend Emily convinced me to get rid of, to my Dad's store. The jewelry is where I make my most money. :) Well anyways, one of the rings that I had gotten for around forty cents, I found out is a REAL diamond ring! I took it to a pawn shop to get it appraised, and the man said that it is a half carat diamond and the ring is worth between $450 and $600! And the ring was dirty! He said that it might be more but the ring was so dirty so he couldn't see it well enough.
Hope everyone has the luck that I did that day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment